Instructions for Applying for Alien Employment Permit Extension
Subject: Applying for Alien Employment Permit Extension
Authority: Shanghai Administrative Center for Employment of Foreigners (Shanghai Administrative Center for Employment of Personnel from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao)
Address: 4F,No.77 Meiyuan Rd,Shanghai.
Zip code: 200070
Website: www.12333sh.gov.cn wsbs.shwjzx.12333sh.gov.cn
Inquiry Telephone Number: 12333
Business Telephone Number: 32511585
Business Hours from Monday to Thursday: 9: 00AM-11: 30AM, 1:30PM-5:00PM
Business Hours for Friday: 9: 00AM-11: 30AM, 1: 30PM-3: 30PM
RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN CHINAPromulgated jointly by the Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of the People's Republic of China
PROPOSALS OF THE LABOUR BUREAU OF SHANGHAI ON IMPLEMENTING THE RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN CHINA
Requirements for Applicant:
The applicant must:
1, apply for the extension of the Employment Permit within 30 days prior to the expiration date of the Employment Permit;
2, have a labour contract / employment agreement with local employer, or have an income certificate issued by overseas employer;
3, be between the age 18 and 60 for male, and between 18 and 55 for female;
4, hold valid passport and residence permit;
5, meet other conditions defined by relevant laws and regulations.
Documents Required for Application:
I, Applying for Employment Permit Extension at Reception Center
1. One filled-out Application Form for Employment Permit Extension; (which can be downloaded on the website);
2. Valid Business License or other legal Registration Certificate with annual inspection stamp (copy);
3. Copy of labour contract / employment agreement signed by the employer and the foreigner to be employed, or copy of income certificate issued by overseas employer;
4. Employment Permit (original);
5. Valid passport and residence permit; (Both original and copy are needed.)
6. The chief representative or the representative of the representative office shall also provide the valid Representative Certificate (Both original and copy are needed. Above-mentioned item 3 in "Documents Required for Application" entry can be omitted.);
7. In case any contents of Employment Permit need alteration, relevant proof documents shall be provided.
8. In case the pages for extension, alteration, or annual inspection in the Employment Permit are used up, one passport photo should be provided for a new permit.
9. Other documents requested by the certificate issuing authority.
II, Applying for Employment Permit Extension by Internet
1. Visit the website of the Municipal Human Resources & Social Security Bureau (http//: www.12333sh.gov.cn);
2. Choose "On-line Application"-"Application for Employers"-"Overseas Personnel";
3. Log in by inputting your username, password and other information required;
4. Choose certain links to complete the application.
5. Applicants can also be made at Online Employment Service for Overseas Personnel in Shanghai (http://wsbs.shwjzx.12333sh.gov.cn).
Procedures and Responding Time for Application
1. The authority will issue an Administration Permission Receipt to the applicant after the employer submitting the documents required for the Employment Permit extension according to regulations;
2. The authority will verify the documents and notify the employer the exact time to acquire the extended Employment Permit.
3. The employer may visit on-line application website toinquire about the result of any application in 5 working days.
4. The foreigner shall apply for the residence permit to Shanghai Exit/Entry Administration Bureau (Tel: 28951900) by presenting extended Employment Permit.
1. Employer must carry its "User's Card for Employers" whenever any application is made.
2.Those whose position is vice general manager or above should provide a new resolution of the board of directors if the term of employment stated in previous resolution is over.
3.In case any document submitted by the employer is written in a foreign language, Chinese translation stamped by the employer should be attached.
Form for Application
Application Form for Extension of Alien Employment Permit
- How much do you know about Talent Visa (R visa)?
- Implementation Opinions on Deepening the Reform of Institutional Mechanisms for Talent Development to Promote Shanghai’s Transformation into a Science and Technology Innovation Center with Global Influence
- Opinions on Deepening the Reform of the Institutional Mechanism for Talent Development