Instructions for Applying for Alien Employment Permit for chief representative or representative of representative office of overseas enterprise
Subject: Applying for Alien Employment Permit for chief representative or representative of representative office of overseas enterprise
Authority: Shanghai Administrative Center for Employment of Foreigners (Shanghai Administrative Center for Employment of Personnel from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao)
Address: 4F,No.77 Meiyuan Rd,Shanghai.
Zip code: 200070
Website: www.12333sh.gov.cn wsbs.shwjzx.12333sh.gov.cn
Inquiry Telephone Number: 12333
Business Telephone Number: 32511585
Business Hours from Monday to Thursday: 9: 00AM-11: 30AM, 1:30PM-5:00PM
Business Hours for Friday: 9: 00AM-11: 30AM, 1: 30PM-3: 30PM
RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN CHINAPromulgated jointly by the Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of the People's Republic of China
PROPOSALS OF THE LABOUR BUREAU OF SHANGHAI ON IMPLEMENTING THE RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN CHINA
Requirements for Applicant:
The applicant must:
1, be in good health and with no mental illness and epidemics such as leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, open tuberculosis, etc. or the diseases prohibited by the job they are engaged in;
2, hold valid Representative Certificate;
3, have no criminal record;
4, hold valid passport or other international travel document in lieu of the passport;
5, enter China with a "Z(working)" visa;
6, be between the age 18 and 60 for male, and between 18 and 55 for female;
7, meet other conditions defined by relevant laws and regulations.
Documents Required for Application:
I, Applying for Employment Permit for chief representative and representative at Reception Center
1. Two filled-out Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China; (which can be downloaded on the website);
2. Registration Certificate of representative office (copy), Organization Code Certificate (copy);
3. The curriculum vitae of the foreigner to be employed (including the highest education degree and detailed working experiences, which must be printed in Chinese and stamped by the employer);
4. Valid passport and visa of the foreigner; (Both original and copy are needed.)
5. Representative Certificate of the foreigner; (Both original and copy are needed.)
6. Health certificate confirmed or issued by Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (copy); (Tel��62688851)
7. Three recently-taken passport photos.(Two of the photos should be pasted on the forms, and the other one will be pasted on the employment permit.)
8. Other documents requested by the certificate issuing authority.
II, Applying for Employment Permit for chief representative and representative by Internet
1. Visit the website of the Municipal Human Resources & Social Security Bureau (http//: www.12333sh.gov.cn);
2. Choose "On-line Application"-"Application for Employers"-"Overseas Personnel";
3. Log in by inputting your username, password and other information required;
4. Choose certain links to complete the application.
5. Applicants can also be made at Online Employment Service for Overseas Personnel in Shanghai (http://wsbs.shwjzx.12333sh.gov.cn).
Procedures and Responding Time for Application
1. Foreigner holds position of chief representative or representative in permanent representative office in Shanghai must obtain Representative Certificate and enter China with a "Z" visa before applying for his / her Employment Permit;
2. The authority will issue an Administration Permission Receipt to the applicant after the employer submitting the documents required for the Employment Permit according to regulations;
3. The authority will verify the documents and notify the employer the result of the Administration Permission and the exact time to acquire the certificate within 15 working days;
4. The employer may visit on-line application website toinquire about the result of any Administration Permission in 15 working days.
5. The foreigner shall apply for the residence permit to Shanghai Exit/Entry Administration Bureau (Tel: 28951900) by presenting Employment Permit and Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China.
1. Employer must carry its "User's Card for Employers" whenever any application is made.
2. For chief representative or representative of the representative office, the duration of his /her Employment Permit can be determined by that of the registration certificate and representative certificate, but shall not exceed the validity of his / her passport.
3. Foreigner employed by Shanghai representative office of foreign law firm must apply for Employment License and enter China with a "Z" visa before applying for his / her Employment Permit.
Form for Application
Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China