Instructions for Applying for Alien Employment Permit
Subject: Applying for Alien Employment Permit
Authority: Shanghai Administrative Center for Employment of Foreigners (Shanghai Administrative Center for Employment of Personnel from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao)
Address: 4F,No.77 Meiyuan Rd,Shanghai .
Zip code: 200070
Website: www.12333sh.gov.cn wsbs.shwjzx.12333sh.gov.cn
Inquiry Telephone Number: 12333
Business Telephone Number: 32511585
Business Hours from Monday to Thursday: 9: 00AM-11: 30AM, 1:30PM-5:00PM
Business Hours for Friday: 9: 00AM-11: 30AM, 1: 30PM-3: 30PM
RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN CHINAPromulgated jointly by the Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of the People's Republic of China
PROPOSALS OF THE LABOUR BUREAU OF SHANGHAI ON IMPLEMENTING THE RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS IN CHINA
Requirements for Applicant:
The applicant must:
1, hold an Employment License;
2, enter China with a "Z(working)" visa;
3, hold a health certificate issued or confirmed by an authorized medical institution;
4, have a labour contract / employment agreement with local employer, or have an income certificate issued by overseas employer;
5, meet other conditions defined by relevant laws and regulations.
Documents Required for Application:
I, Applying for Employment Permit at Reception Center
1. Two filled-out Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China; (which can be downloaded on the website);
2. Copy of Employment License;
3. Copy of labour contract / employment agreement signed by the employer and the foreigner to be employed, or copy of income certificate issued by overseas employer; (Remuneration payer, job position of employee and duration of employment must be stated in thisincome certificate.)
4. Valid passport and visa of the foreigner; (Both original and copy are needed.)
5. Health certificate confirmed or issued by Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (copy); (Tel:62688851)
6. Three recently-taken passport photos.(Two of the photos should be pasted on the forms, and the other one will be pasted on the employment permit.)
7, Other documents requested by the certificate issuing authority.
II, Applying for Employment Permit by Internet
1. Visit the website of the Municipal Human Resources & Social Security Bureau (http//: www.12333sh.gov.cn);
2. Choose "On-line Application"- "Application for Employers"-"Overseas Personnel";
3. Log in by inputting your username, password and other information required;
4. Choose certain links to complete the application.
5. Applicants can also be made at Online Employment Service for Overseas Personnel in Shanghai (http://wsbs.shwjzx.12333sh.gov.cn).
Procedures and Responding Time for Application
1. The authority will issue an Administration Permission Receipt to the applicant after the employer submitting the documents required for the Employment Permit according to regulations;
2. The authority will verify the documents and notify the employer the result of the Administration Permission and the exact time to acquire the certificate within 5 working days;
3. The employer may visit on-line application website toinquire about the result of any Administration Permission in 5 working days.
4. The foreigner shall apply for the residence permit to Shanghai Exit/Entry Administration Bureau (Tel: 28951900) by presenting Employment Permit and Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China.
1.Employer must carry its "User's Card for Employers" whenever any application is made.
2.In case the foreigner is the direct investor or the legal representative indicated in the business license, above-mentioned item 3 in "Documents Required for Application" entry can be omitted)
3. Normally, the valid period of Employment Permit shall not exceed one year. In case the foreigner is the direct investor or legal representative, or employed by an enterprise which has the registered capital over 3 million USD, or employed by a regional headquarter in shanghai established by multinational corporations, the duration of the foreigner's employment permit can be determined by that of the labor contract or employment agreement, but the valid period for one review shall not exceed five years and shall not exceed the validity of the foreigner's passport, and the term of the business license or the registration certificate of the employer either.
4.In case any document submitted by the employer is written in a foreign language, Chinese translation stamped by the employer should be attached
Form for Application
Employment Registration Form of Foreign Employees in China
- How much do you know about Talent Visa (R visa)?
- Implementation Opinions on Deepening the Reform of Institutional Mechanisms for Talent Development to Promote Shanghai’s Transformation into a Science and Technology Innovation Center with Global Influence
- Opinions on Deepening the Reform of the Institutional Mechanism for Talent Development