Visa application for child born in China
1. The parents of the child are foreigners;
2. If one of the parents is a Chinese citizen, the Chinese citizen must be a Shanghai resident or applied for going abroad in Shanghai.
1. Where the parents are foreigners:
a. Submitting the copies of the passports of the parents;
b. Submitting the original and the copy of the Certificate of Birth in Shanghai of the child (including the attached page);
c. The original of the valid passport of the child;
d. Submitting the official letter of application of the unit and the original of his or her passport, if one of the parents works in Shanghai;
e. One recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photograph.
Such child must go through such formalities within one month as of the birth.
2. Where one of the parents is a Chinese citizen, the child should first go though the nationality examination and then apply for emigration papers:
a. Submitting the original and the copy of the Certificate of Birth in Shanghai of the child (including the attached page);
b. The original of the valid passport of the child;
c. The copies of the passports or identity certificates of the parents.
Such child, when applying for emigration papers, should submit additional three recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photographs and the Nationality Examination Conclusion Form.
Ⅲ. Business Hours and Place:
Note: Credentials are handled alone on Saturday.
1500, Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area
IV. Time Limit of Handling and Winding Up a Case: 5 working days
V. Fee Standard: Free for nationality examination; charging according to the fee standard for credentials for emigration papers.
Ⅵ. Information Telephone: 28951900
Ⅶ. Supervision Telephone: 68547109
- Regulations of Shanghai Municipality on Encouraging the Establishment and Development of Foreign-funded Research and Development Centers
- Guide to Application for High-end Foreign Talent Recognition
- Notice on Further Improvement of Online Approval for Foreigner’s Work Permit in China (Version 3.0) and Optimization of Matters Related to Foreigner’s Work Permit in Shanghai